What are Gatherings?
For the Lacuna Collective, Gatherings are joyful celebrations of our work and the work of others. They are a ceremonial space where we honor and nurture story in all its forms. Story is how we know the world. In story, we preserve our truth, we upend, we discover, we remember, we counter, we intersect, we transfigure, we survive, we thrive. In Gatherings, we listen to ourselves and others. We perform story. We reciprocate story. Our numbers can be large or small. Intimate or encompassing. Medium and mellow too. We consecrate the space. Gatherings open and close with a blessing. We acknowledge the land, its history and its people and our relationship to that history and the present. Gatherings can occur in virtual or physical space. They take the shape that best fits but tend to be multidirectional and interactive.
Kinds of Gatherings
- Lacuna Open Mic
- Lacuna Collective Readings
- Featured Guest Artist Readings
- Work in Progress Events
If you a a Collective member and want to host a Gathering:
- Reach out to other Collective members to co create the Gathering. We believe in the more the merrier! Reread the Mission and Commitments of Lacuna and create this space with those intentions. As you share your Gathering vision, as Collective members if there is anything you are not seeing or making room for.
- If you have not hosted a space of any kind before within Lacuna, email the Lacuna email and we will get you all hooked up.
- If you have hosted a space of any kind before within Lacuna then:
- Check the Calendar to make sure you are not in conflict with other spaces being held virtually or in the physical realm.
- Access to the Lacuna Events Calendar post the Gathering.
- Use the Discussion Space to let the collective know about the event. Be sure you are subscribed to the Calendar on your personal calendars and to the Discussion Space so you can stay updated about happenings.
- Make sure any promotional graphics are accessible to all. If you need help with doing so, contact the Collective email for assistance.
- Access to the Collective’s Pro Zoom Account or can also use the Google Meet and schedule the Gathering.
- If you wish to hold the Gathering in physical space, reach out to the Collective asking for what you need and we can resource share and see what can be provided.