For the Lacuna Collective, Retreats are a time away dedicated to inhabiting our identities as artists, as creators. This time can be spent doing nothing, finding community, making, contemplating…
It is our hope to provide respite for each other and spaces to break routine and daily demands, reset and create.
At this moment, Lacuna does not have a dedicated physical space for Retreats but we are exploring possibilities.
If you have a space that can be shared this way and are comfortable, please email the Collective and we can get there sooner.
We can, in the meantime offer virtual and single day retreats with the resources we have.
For example, if you have air conditioning, a pool, a yard, good wifi, a meeting space, a retreat even for a few hours can be so sustaining.
Like Gatherings, Retreats are ceremonial spaces. Here we elect to shift from one way of being to another. We make room for the parts of ourselves that need nourishing especially the kind of loving care that comes from making.
We consecrate the space. Retreats open and close with a blessing.
We acknowledge the land, its history and its people and our relationship to that history and the present.
Retreats can occur in virtual or physical space. They take the shape that best fits and what resources allow.
If you a a Collective member and want to host a Retreat
- Reach out to other Collective members to co create a Retreat. Reread the Mission and Commitments of Lacuna and create this space with those intentions. As you share your Retreat vision, as Collective members if there is anything you are not seeing or making room for.
- Check the Calendar to make sure you are not in conflict with other spaces being held virtually or in the physical realm.
- Access to the Lacuna Events Calendar post the Retreat.
- Use the Discussion Space to let the collective know about the event. Be sure you are subscribed to the Calendar on your personal calendars and to the Discussion Space so you can stay updated about happenings.
- Make sure any promotional graphics are accessible to all. If you need help with doing so, contact the Collective email for assistance.
- Access to the Collective’s Pro Zoom Account or can also use the Google Meet and schedule the Retreat if Virtual
- If you wish to hold the Retreat in physical space, reach out to the Collective asking for what you need and we can resource share and see what can be provided.